Monday, June 4, 2012

Just the Beginning

Hey.  Welcome to Library Envy.  You can get an idea of who I am by my profile so, I will not bore you with additional details that you probably do not care about.  Afterall, if you are reading this then you are here for a reason.  Hopefully, that reason is because you (like me) love books.  Specifically, children's and young adult books. 

Is there anything better than opening a new picture book with a child on your lap?  The correct answer, in case you did not know, is no.  Unless, it is finding the perfect young adult book for a wanna-be young adult (insert teenager here).  That is pretty awesome also.

So, for those of you that love literature and kids of all ages here is a quick glance at the latest mouse book by Kevin Henkes.  Her name is Penny.  And I love her.

Penny and Her Song by Kevin Henkes

Penny and Her Song

Written and illustrated by Kevin Henkes
When Penny comes home from school, she is ready to sing her song. But the babies are sleeping, and Mama and Papa are worried that Penny will wake them up. Oh, but it is a good song, a really wonderful song . . . and Penny wants more than anything to sing it.
What do you think will happen?

http://www.kevinhenkes.com/?post_type=book&p=121


Now, I know that I should include all of the publication information.  But this time you are out of luck.  Because this is just a random thought and expression of love for Penny and  her creator.  If you do not know Kevin Henkes then please....ok....PLEASE....click on the link above and explore his world.  You will not be sorry.  Oh, and thank  you so much to Harper Collins and Greenwillow for giving me a stuffed Penny doll when I was at ALA Midwinter in Dallas.  My 7 year old daughter and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment